Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Andhra Parupu Podi / Spicy Dhall Rice Mix

It has been a long wait listed recipe and my family favorite too.  Have always relished this in all Andhra Meals Restaurants and started making my own when the day I realized my son loves it (still remember the small mess on Tirutani road where we happen to take our meals on the way to visit Tirutani Murugan, the very first time Kuttan had his meals out with this delicious Parupu Podi served by the Mess). Having this with hot steamed rice with a dollop of home prepared ghee or sesame oil is divineful for sure. A keeper recipe and simple to make too. All we need is the patience to roast the Dhalls in Low Flame separately till light golden brown.  (Low Flame is the Key here).

I usually make it for a week as I love having batches of fresh podi every week. I make each variety one week so we dont get bored with them and at the same time we get the benefits of all the ingredients added to various Podi Varieties. Check out the other Podi Recipes here.





Happy Cooking :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment